Nepal lifts the provision of mandatory quarantine for tourist
Kanchan Shrestha | March 22, 2021
After almost a year, Nepal is now open for tourism without any quarantine rules and other complicated travel restrictions. It’s awesome news for everyone who is willing to travel to Nepal but is in a dilemma whether to travel or not due to the COVID travel restrictions. Currently, travelers visiting Nepal had to undergo a mandatory quarantine of a minimum of seven days. Also, the on-arrival visa was not provided to the travelers. COVID insurance of USD 5000 was also made mandatory. But now, these mandatory rules have been waived off.
On Friday, the Tourism Minister for Nepal, BhanubhaktaDhakal informed that the decision to remove the travel restrictions was made by the Cabinet meeting held on Thursday. Last week, Tourism Ministry had proposed to remove the quarantine restrictions for travelers who have received a complete dose of the COVID vaccine.
Now, the travelers entering Nepal should not stay in quarantine if they have received both doses of COVID vaccine or have a 72 hour PCR test report. Also, they are permitted to obtain an arrival visa at the Kathmandu airport if they have proof of receiving the vaccine or a 72 hour PCR report. Moreover, the compulsion of COVID insurance of USD 5000 has also been removed. Now, a traveler can travel within Nepal with their normal travel insurance.
The decision taken by the Government of Nepal has been heartily welcomed by the business person and professionals of the tourism sector. The decreasing rate of COVID cases in Nepal and the effective delivery of vaccination to the public have aided in taking the pandemic into control. Therefore, Nepal is now ready to welcome travelers from around the globe with full passion and enthusiasm.
Though Visit Nepal Year 2020 was not a success, Nepal believes that it will be able to welcome travelers from around the globe with a huge success in 2021.
On behalf of, we- Himal Eco Treks would like to welcome you all to this beautiful Land of Himalayas. In 2020, the mountains have remained lonely and quaint. Now, they have evolved more beautiful and wild to cater to the wanderlust of fellow travelers. The peaceful and less crowded trail, the year 2021 is indeed the best time to visit the Himalayas. So, are you ready? We Himal Eco Treks are ready to escort you to the beautiful locations throughout Nepal. : Trekking in Nepal 2021
- The traveler shouldn’t stay in quarantine if they have received both doses of corona vaccine or have a 72 hour PCR report
- On arrival, the visa is available if you can present proof of receiving corona vaccine or have a 72 hour PCR test report
- Covid insurance of USD 5000 is not necessary
The government has eased the process of visiting Nepal. What do you now need to prepare before visiting Nepal? Airlines will check 4 documents :
1. Negative PCR report (not older than 72 hours before departing from origin-country) or fully vaccinated (against COvID19) confirmation paper/card.
2. Nepal visa or recommendation letter of Tourism Department or Nepal Tourism Board to obtain a visa on arrival
3. Hotel booking confirmation
4. Travel Insurance.
Obtaining a visa before arriving in Nepal:
- Get a recommendation letter (through a registered agency in Nepal) from the Tourism Department of Nepal Tourism Board
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Travel Insurance
- Get a visa from the nearest embassy submitting the above three along with passport and other required information requested by the embassy.
Obtaining a visa on arrival
- Negative PCR report (not older than 72 hours before departing from origin-country) or fully vaccinated (against COvID19) confirmation paper/card.
- Get a recommendation letter (through a registered agency in Nepal) from
- Tourism Department of Nepal Tourism Board
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Travel Insurance >>Visa will be granted as per Nepalese law and Immigration directory.
Once you arrive:
- Get a PCR test (even if you are vaccinated against covid19), quarantine till the result. ( You will get a PCR report within 12 hours )
- Once you have the negative results you can start your tourism activity.
Updated by: Himal Eco Treks Pvt. Ltd. ( himalecotreks.com)