Annapurna Base Camp
Kanchan Shrestha | November 3, 2017
Annapurna Base Camp – Blog
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a beautiful journey that takes you to one of the exotic destinations in Nepal that people describe as heaven. It is one the most preferred treks as it is comparatively easy and showers with everything that the Mother Nature can offer. Your journey begins with a hike along the lush landscapes from the foothills of Himalaya. It will take you further towards Annapurna Base Camp to relish the splendor of Annapurna massif. As you ascend up to appreciate the elegance of mountains that rise above eight thousands, you will feel nerve shaken and breathless yet the embracing beauty of the mountains like Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Macchapucchre, Hiuchuli and Lamjung Himal will keep you going.
Visit the beautiful city of Pokhara
The lakeside city of Pokhara is also one of the reasons behind people’s preference for Annapurna Base Camp Trek. As one of the stop is Pokhara, you can enjoy each and every activities with the glamour of wild and gorgeous mountains in Annapurna region. As the trekking trail starts from lower to higher elevation region, the change in terrain, vegetation and wildlife are clearly visible. The trail takes you along warm villages, farmlands and rhododendron forests to alpine vegetation region. A journey that starts from buzzing and crowded area transforms into a cold, wild and pristine environment.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek, also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek takes you to the annapurna conservation area. This sanctuary is a home to various unique floras and faunas found in this region. As you walk along the forests, you can encounter some rare species of birds and animals. Annapurna Base Camp trek starts from foothills of Annapurna and passes many villages and settlements. You can see settlements of Nayapul, Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Tadapani, Chomorong, Dovan, Deurali, etc. Therefore, the trek can be an opportunity to interact with locals. And also a chance to get some insights on people, their culture, tradition and lifestyle.
Not only mountains, forests, lush nature and people but also sunrise and sunset view from Ghorepani and Poon Hill is one of the most cherished aspects of this journey. The views of sunrise and sunset from Ghorepani would be a choice of any nature and peace lover. Nonetheless, the view of white snow capped mountains glitter as the golden rays of sun fall upon it is a beautiful sight to look at.
Best time to opt for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
If you want to opt for Annapurna Base Camp Trek, then spring (March – May) and autumn (September – November) is probably the best time to venture Annapurna region. In spring, you will get to see the rhododendron forests full of colorful flower blossom. Otherwise, autumn, specifically October, is the best time to visit Annapurna. At this time, Annapurna gets the most visitors than other time around the year.
Major Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- The journey initiates from Pokhara which is the most touristic place in Nepal. Lying in the foothills of Annapurna, the city is full of charismatic beauty. The serene lakes and lush environment makes the city peaceful and lovely. The place is also a center of various adventure activities like boating, bungee jumping, paragliding, ultra flight, zip flyer, etc.
- Annapurna Conservation area is a protected area that preserves various species of birds and animals in its natural habitat. The trail to Annapurna Base Camp goes through this conservation area. Therefore, get ready to encounter some wild lives in between!
- The ethnic settlements on the way are very enlightening in terms of people, culture and their lifestyle. You will find the people of Gurung, Magar and Thakali ethnicity who are quite hostile and follow their own unique lifestyle.
- Ghorepani Poon Hill is one of the best places for having some spectacular views of mountains in Annapurna range. The sunrise and sunset view amidst the mountains is the most appealing part of this journey.
- Annapurna Base Camp is the main highlight of this journey. You will find yourself surrounded by awe-inspiring mountains. Your eyes will wander from one range to another incapable of beholding the beauty that is beyond your imagination! Annapurna I, Annapurna II, Annapurna III, Annapurna IV, Annapurna South, Dhaulagiri, Macchapucchre and other mountains in Annapurna range, you will be showered with the stunning beauty of all.
So, are you ready to rejoice a super combo of mountains, lush hills, forests, lakes, radiant villages and many other adventure activities? Himal Eco Treks presents you Annapurna Base Camp Trek which caters your need for lush and nature. Rejoice your time in Annapurna as you walk together with your reliable travel partner – Himal Eco Treks.